Term 1 2014 Written Language

WALT write a timed recount about a time when we did something special with our whanau or family.
Write about:
·      when and where you did something special
·      who was with you
·      what you did (think about the order you did things)
·      how you felt and why you felt this way.

By Devon Edwards-Thomas

Two weeks ago I went to see my dad’s friend’s home. When we got there my mum was happy because she saw Buddy the dog. Then Ivan gave me a hot chocolate. It was so good. After that my mum told me that it was my dad’s birthday. So we had the good cake then the gifts came out. My dad got a Black Ops 2 game. After we went home I went to get a lollipop for my dad. He said, “Thank you Devon.” Just then I got to play Black Ops 2 in the truck. It was amazing that I could do that.

Next steps

You have told when you went but need a few more details to tell where the house was and to use some describing words to describe the dog, cake and the game and what you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment